This year marks the 50th Anniversary of the first Earth Day. On April 22, 1970, millions of Americans rallied in the streets to raise awareness about environmental issues, paving the way for benchmark legislation such as the Clean Water and Endangered Species Acts.
Earth Day 2020 is dedicated to Climate Action, and instead of participating in rallies and marches, we’ve looked for ways to be more sustainable during this time of isolation. For people working from home, we’ve encouraged composting practices and energy conservation methods, such as using natural light and unplugging charges once electronics are fully charged.
To celebrate the Golden Anniversary of Earth Day, EnterSolar has donated to a diverse range of environmental organizations:
- The World Wildlife Fund, for the protection of endangered species
- The Canopy Project, for the planting of trees
- The Climate Emergency Fund, for raising environmental awareness
- Charity: Water, for providing clean and potable water to people in developing countries
- The Sierra Club, for the preservation of natural land
We are also grateful to our many clients who are doing their part to reduce their carbon footprints and transition to clean, renewable energy through solar. We’ve put together a highlight video to watch here:
Together, we hope to continue making our world a greener, better place for future generations.