On April 25, 2019, GIANT Food Stores hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the new rooftop solar system at their support office in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. EnterSolar is proud to have partnered with them on this notable solar project. We joined them for this event, which marked the completion of the first phase of the solar project. The second phase will be a ground-mounted solar system at the same location. Together, the systems will have a total capacity of 2.4MW and generate enough clean energy to offset 100% of the electricity needs of the Carlisle facility annually.
The project is an important accomplishment in the state of Pennsylvania, and Pennsylvania Energy Secretary Patrick McDonnell attended the ceremony as well as Pennsylvania State Representative Barbara Gleim.
Learn more about this project by reading the full press release here or clicking the links below:
- GIANT Completes Phase One of Solar Development at Carlisle Support Office – Pennsylvania Business Central
- GIANT Food Stores Starts Going Solar During Earth Week – WTAJ WeAreCentralPA.com
- GIANT Food Stores Unveils Rooftop Solar Array – Progressive Grocer
- GIANT Food Stores Welcomes Solar at Pennsylvania Office – Solar Industry Magazine
- EnterSolar completes 625-kW rooftop solar project at Pennsylvania grocer – Solar Power World