On June 10, 2019, Continental Building Products hosted a ribbon-cutting event to mark the completion of their 2.4MW rooftop solar system at their manufacturing facility in Buchanan, NY. The producer of gypsum drywall and complementary finishing products partnered with EnterSolar to develop and implement the largest community solar project in the Con Edison utility system, and one of the largest in New York State.
State and local legislators and business leaders, along with NYSERDA, Con Edison, Tri-State Solar Alliance and EnterSolar joined the event marking the completion of this notable installation.
“In addition to recognizing financial benefits from the system, it was important to us to give back to the community and our environment. By utilizing solar, we developed a system that would not only reduce the demand on the grid, but would be shared by our neighbors as well,” said Jay Bachmann, president and CEO of Continental.
Read the full press release here.
We’re excited to share some of the press we’ve received for the event:
- Buchanan plant’s rooftop solar installation will be state’s largest – Westchester Journal News
- Continental celebrates rooftop solar in NY – Smart Energy Decisions
- EnterSolar completes 2.4-MW community solar system in New York – Solar Power World
- Lowey Tours Buchanan Plant With Solar Cells On Roof – Patch
- New York to get one of its largest rooftop solar power plants, and largest battery – PV Magazine